B. R.Ramachandran

If a comma separates the first and last names, and also some entires contain
a space after the comma, use the following formulas in B1 and C1 to extract
the first and last parts respectively (change the 'A1's appropriately).

=LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)
=TRIM(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1)))

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Access Front End" wrote:

Hi Anyone!

How do you FIND a string in a cell. I know that in C language you can use
"string" but what do you use in Excel. I have a cell that contain First name
then comma some time a space then Last Name. How can I get the Firstname in
one column & Last name in one column by using the formula. Thanks

Ngan