jwr

Bill - I just realized that you and I had communicated previously regarding
this situation. I was unable to import data from access because I get to
the point where excel ask if I want to view with MSQuery, (2 other
questions) and a box to check if I want to save query. I did not check Save
Query (did not see exact phrase - save query definition) and I get error
that it was looking for parameters. The query has parameters in access and
it works without problems in access. I do not know what to do about
parameters once I get to the importing procedure from access to excel.

Excel 2002 version

Thanks
"Bill Manville" wrote in message
I don't know how to be more specific than to say again:

Put the cursor in the query output table and Data / Import External
Data / Data Range Properties ... uncheck Save Query Definition.

I am assuming that you are using Excel 2002 or later (it always helps
if you say which version) and that the data was brought in from Access
by Data / Import External Data / New database query.

If this is not the case then you will have to help me by giving me more
information about what you did.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England