JLC

As I mentioned, I have this problem if charts are embedded as objects on
the summary sheet OR if they are separate sheets. NOW, I have each chart
as an embedded object in the summary sheet and all source data comes
from a single worksheet.

The series formula looks like this: ='All (summary)'!$C$28:$I$28

Summary sheet (1) cells are simple cell references to (2) single cells
that are also simple cell references to (3) (a) single cells OR (b)
single cells that contain a manual sum formula of cells from another
sheet: ='54th (d)'!F6+'54th (d)'!I6+'54th (d)'!L6+'54th (d)'!O6

I originally had this set up as multiple workbooks and had the same
problem. Now, all data is in one workbook on multiple sheets.

No VBA code is used. (I am just starting to learn VBA and am sure my
workbook would be far more elegant with its help.)

One note: Sometimes, if I change the chart type, the series appears.
This helps in the short term, but can't be maintained long term.

Please let me know if there's any more information needed.

I really appreciate your help.

-JLC

--
JLC