TooSimple

Hello ElEye.

Not real certain whether your requirement is to fill a series of cells
immediately or dynamically.

If immediately, the FillSeries feature of Excel is very efficient.

Enter H264 in cell A1, H265 in cell A2 then drag the fill handle that
appears in the lower right corner of A2 down through cells A3, A4, etc.

If this does not meet your requirement a visual basic module could be
developed to meet your need.

Good luck.

"ElEye" wrote:

Greetings.

In $A1 I enter H264. In $A2 I'd like to enter =A1+1, but this won't work
because A1 is a text value. My obvious intended result is that A2 would
display H265 (H264+1=H265). I'd continue with $A3 =A2+1, $A4 =A3+1, etc.
This way I can enter a text value that ends in a number in $A1 and let the
other fields increment the value without any further interaction.

TIA,
ElEye