brendan

Ed thank you, but I am now getting an error with the line "hLink.email......"

what's going on? I am not big on VBA so if there are variables that I need
to modify, please help!

thanks!

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

HI brendan,

Run this macro on your workbook whenever the part number changes

Sub EditHyperlinks()
Dim sSpace As String
Dim sPart As String
Dim hLink As Hyperlink
Dim oSht As Worksheet

sSpace = "%20"

' change this to the range that contains the part number
sPart = ActiveSheet.Range("A1")

For Each oSht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
For Each hLink In oSht.Hyperlinks
hLink.EmailSubject = "Part" & sSpace & "No" & sSpace & sPart
Next
Next
End Sub

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/

I currently have a workbook that I use to build a new part within my
business. It contains about 12 worksheets and each work sheet has 3 email
hyperlinks connected to it.

Each email hyperlink happens at the end of a specific task, 36 in all.
and
in each subject line of the hyperlink I have the part number listed.

However, when I use this workbook as a template, I want the subject line
of the hyperlink emails to reflect a new part number for the new workbook.
would love to do a mass find and replace, but it doesn't work in the
hyperlink - what can I do?

thanks for any help.

Brendan