bj

I do not know if 97 has anything to do with it.
I would try one of two things.
Change the font (I have had Fonts that were supposed to be identical which
weren't)
put a header in that is wider than the date

"Rachael" wrote:

Well, it's done in the standard Arial font that excel opens with, so it
should be the same.

Does it matter that it was created in excel 97?

"bj" wrote:

one thing that sometimes happens is that they don't have the same sets of
fonts on their machines. Check that you have a common font set.

"Rachael" wrote:

I created an excel sheet to track information. It's rather large. The sheet
is being sent once a week to a client, and when they get it, the columns
resize and some of the dates turn into #####. Why is that? What can I do to
stop it? The data is fine on my computer, why is it showing larger on other
people's systems?

I have all the columns "autofit" so that I can fit more data into a page, so
it's a tight fit. Will I just have to enlarge the columns?