Jason

Default Using iteration to solve a two-parameter equation

Hi everyone,

My goal: My spreadsheet has two inputs and two outputs. I input the
initial values -magic calculations happen- and out come my two outputs,
which are meant to be my new inputs. This process needs to happen
until my outputs match the previous inputs to a degree that I specify,
convergence. Cookie cutter Excel iteration issue?

My problem: If I just make my inputs refer to the same cells as my
outputs, and turn iteration on, I never reached convergence and I end
up with some kind of error.

My pseudo-solution: I wrote a macro that copies the values of the
output to the inputs and after running it about 8 times, I am able to
converge (inputs=outputs)

I would like to use Excel's iteration for this instead of a macro. I
suspect the problem has to do with the timing of the calculations, but
I really dont know. Help is greatly appreciated

Have a good day

Jason