Jim May

Roger, I tried this VBA solution but get R/T 424 on line 4 (Object
required)..
I don't understand (this type thing happens all too often - as obviously I
haven't begun to understand this mysterious
"Excel Object Model" beast. grrrrrrrrr

Sub Test()
Rng = Selection
For Each C In Rng
C.Value = "|" & C.Value
Next C
End Sub

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

Then in another sheet enter in A1 of Sheet2
="|"&Sheet1!A1
Copy down and across as required.
When complete, press Ctrl-A to mark the whole sheet, Ctrl-C to copy and
with the cursor in cell A1, Paste SpecialValues

Regards

Roger Govier

doof205 wrote:

Sorry, i should have explained it more clearly. I actually want to keep
the data that is in the cells but insert a | before any existing data.

eg.

data - |data
more - |more

I hope this can be done, and thanks for the reply.

Lewis.