elitewolverine

Default Asking for user input if there is no data for the function

as with my previous post this is for a spreadsheet at work...

although with a different spreadsheet instead of periods and cash
etc...

we have a spreadsheet that is called a transfer sheet. Within this
sheet we enter the stock number of a product and it returns the name of
the product, we then enter manually the quantity of the product, the
current market price and we get a total...there is also a combined
total if we enter more than one product...

the lookup function for the name is great, but what i hate doing is
everytime i have to transfer product from one store to another i have
to bring out our truck sheets try to find the price of the item and
etc, or if its not on a truck sheet i have to call another store or
more stores to find the price on things we do not order everyweek.

i am currently trying to make it so that it looks up the price gives me
a total(which i know how to do) and then a final total(again know how to
do)

problem is we have probably 100+ products and not everything is ordered
everyweek, just the stuff we use the most, so i dont know the current
prices on many of my products....although i know the normal stuff we
order 3 times a week...

is there a way that when the function goes to lookup the price and
finds that the value is 0 or the cell is empty it then asks the user to
put something in there without erasing the function???

i have a second way of doing it but it involves putting two cells into
one cell having one lookup and if zero let the user use the other
one...

--
elitewolverine
elitewolverine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27893