Jeff

If you want more info I will try to supply,

Basically, I dump a DB into Excel and on a summary page put together a snap
shot of current status on the project. The cells on the summary page
contain formulas that derive a number from the DB. Several countif, dsum,
and aray formulas.

This works great for looking at the data at a monment in time But I would
like to start tracking this over time and generating a trend line.

sure I can go into the sheet and copy and past the values to a time based
table on a different page but I would like to set the page up in the work
book and update it's self via a formula or function.

1) I would like the cells relating to any day in the future to be blank
2) I would like the cells relating to today to update themselves from the
summary sheet as often as I update the sheet.
3) I would like dates in the past to maintian the last value they loaded.

Does that help?

--
Jeff

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:40:02 -0700, "Jeff"
wrote:

I have a spread sheet that I use that has a macro that extracts data from a DB.

This is great for a snap shot but I want to capture this data over time.

Is it possible to set a formula/macro in a cell that would do 1 of three
things

1) tomorrow €“ do nothing, maintain the formula in the cell
2) today €“ copy data from a different location or run a formula
3) Yesterday €“ force the data captured yesterday to stay in the cell as a
value.

I hope that makes sense.

I'd be inclined to have three objects or controls on the s/s, each one
linked to its own macro and which would run one of your options above.

If you want further advice please post back with a few more details.
e.g. what's the formula in the cell (1), what's the cell reference of
the different loacation (2) and what does it contain?

HTH
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK