Debi

Bob,
Thanks for the response. I am unclear as to how this would work. Could you
be more specific? Lets say there are three columns A C E
Column A - B7936, B7933, B6790, k34a9, ddoo2. 1234
Column B - TF121, TF123, ddoo2, 1345, b6790
Column C - 1245, 1288, 1597, 5555, 8376, 1234
Using this type of data how would I compare all three columns and identify
any duplication

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use conditional formatting with a formula in one column of say
=COUNTIF(H:H,A1)0, and in the other =COUNTIF(A:A,H1)0, and a suitable
pattern colour. All duplicates in either column will then be highlighted.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Debi" wrote in message
Is there a way with out having to physically line uo the columns to

compare
two or more columns for identifing and flagging any duplicate entrires of
ethier text or numbers