Barb Reinhardt

Default INDIRECT.EXT problem with missing worksheets

Ive been using the INDIRECT.EXT function for a while and am finding that I
have a consistent problem when worksheets are missing. Im looking up data
in multiple workbooks on the same worksheet name, but find that if the
worksheet name does not exist, Excel seems to lock up.

There is a message that €śMicrosoft Excel is waiting for another application
to complete an OLE action€ť that will not go away. When I brute force exit
from Excel, a window is displayed asking for me to select another sheet to
use instead of the missing worksheet. I dont want to use another sheet if
its not there. I'd rather move on or get an error in the cell. In
addition, there is an excel workbook with the name YMNQIYASUDYS created each
time there is a missing worksheet.

Can someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt