KDuxbury

Default Get Vlookup to look at multiple Rows for the answer

I am working in Excel 2003.
I have a table of data that has been extracted from a database. It details
peoples name / month / basic pay / grade / hours over a period of 12 months.
For each person there are 13 lines, one for each month and then a total.
I am analysing this data for a pay award and need to put the basic pay
figure for each month into a cell on another spreadsheet.
I need the formula to find the right combination of name in column A, and
date in column b and then the answer is the base pay in column c on that row.
I have been trying to put together the right combination of Vlookup and
other logical functions, but have not succeeded.
Please help.