Dave Peterson

Do you have any errors in A2:C20 (any cell will cause trouble)?

And I think Bob meant:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20=23),--(C2:C20="M"),B2:B20)
(two negative signs in the first portion)

and you don't need to use ctrl-shift-enter for this formula

Elizabeth wrote:

Hi Bob, Thanks so much for your help and your time. The formula you suggested
gives me a #Value! error. When I step through it, it shows an immediate false
during the attempt to find the 23, that I know is there... I've tried putting
quotes around the 23, saving is as an array (CTRL, SHIFT, ENTER), changing
the A column to text, back to a number...no luck with any of these attempts.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(-(A2:A20=23),--(C2:C20="M"),B2:B20)

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to create a formula that adds certain values from Column B
only if Column A equals a certain criteria AND Column C equals a certain
criteria.

Column A Column B Column C

23 23.88 V
23 100.00 M
24 9.95 M
24 23.88 M
25 23.88 V
25 23.88 V
26 23.88 A
26 23.88 A
26 23.88 M
26 23.88 M
26 23.88 V
26 9.95 V
27 23.88 A

Specifically, I need the total from Column B for all M's on the 23rd, all
V's on the 23rd, etc. In Column D, I've tried many different formulas but
they either total the entire B Column (not just the cells that match the
criteria) or they only "sum" Column B for the row the formula resides on.

Any

Dave Peterson