Dave Peterson

Open excel normally.

Open the VBE (alt-f11)
hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer.

What open workbooks do you see?

I see this in mine:
funcres (FUNCRES.XLA) (anaylsis toolpak for Excel stuff)
personal (personal.xla) (my own set of macros/functions)
VBAProject (book1) (initial empty workbook)

You could have an addin started via tools|addins or if it's located in your
XLStart folder.

Here's a couple of links that describe how to troubleshoot this kind of problem:

Chip Pearson's:

Jan Karel Pieterse's:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

Jack Sons wrote:

Dve,

Indeed, in the safe mode copy and past works, but I think the safe mode will
not give me all possibilities that I get in the normal mode, which I really
need.

Do you have any addins (application events) running?

How can I know? As I said, when I open Excel and start an absolute blank new
workbook with no code (so nothing can be running, Excel also does not ask if
I want to open with macros working), I can't paste and copy.

What could be wrong and how to overcome this? Without copying and pasting I
can do hardly anything, none of my programs will work. I work many hours per
day with Excel, so it is really disastrous.

I'm in dire need of your help.

Jack.

"Dave Peterson" schreef in bericht
Do you have any addins (application events) running?

If you open excel in safe mode
windows start button|Run
excel /safe

then file|Open your workbook

Can you copy|paste?

Jack Sons wrote:

Dave,

Even if I open Excel anew and open a new workbook (Book1, it is not
called
Book1.xls , Book1.xlt or Book1.xla) copying to outside the same sheet
is
impossible.

I checked that there is no code whatsoever in any sheet module or the
workbook module of that Book1, it has no code modules.

Jack.

"Dave Peterson" schreef in bericht
Do you have any worksheet events firing?

_selectionchange
_change
_deactivate
_activate

(remember to check for workbook level events, too.)

One of the bad things about running macros is that they sometimes kill
the
clipboard.

Jack Sons wrote:

Hi all,

Suddenly paste (worksheet function as well as VBA) will work only on
the
same sheet, so I can't copy anything to another sheet nor to another
workbook.

This is a real disaster.

Please help. I use XP SP2 with Excel 2k

Jack Sons