Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Simply select Custom format, and enter the format string into Type field.

Arvi Laanemets

"Shandy720" wrote
in message ...

thanks avri but i dont seem to have the choice for that format.
I can convert it to (h) mm:ss but ideally do not want to have seconds
shown.

The trouble i am having is regarding adding hours up in the first
place. I have columns of hours worked each day and sum this for the
weekly total. However using an hh:mm format does not allow me to sum it
up properly. For instance 9:10+9:10+9:10+9:10 equals 12:40.
Therefore i convert the hours worked into a decimal so they can be
summed and then need to convert them back into a total weekly hours
worked later in the hh:mm original format!!!!

I hope this makes sense and many thanks for your help.

--
Shandy720
Shandy720's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474998