JE McGimpsey

One way:

=CHOOSE(A1,formula1, formula2,formula3,...)

In article ,
JKG wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to simplify a really loooong IF statement.

In one cell, the user chooses a type of calculation. Example:

1-Prior year % to sales (figure already in worksheet)
2-Assigned % (must enter a % in another cell)
3-Fixed Dollar Amt (must enter a $ amt in another cell)

In another cell, you get the actual calculation - If they chose 1, multiply
sales by prior year % , if they chose 2, multiply sales by the assigned %
they entered, if they chose 3, use whatever figure is entered.

Right now, I've got 6 choices, and it's all going through a very complicated
IF statement such as:

=IF(choice=1,do this formula,IF(choice=2, do other formula,IF(choice=3, do
yet another formula,.......

I'm about to have to add a 7th and 8th choice, and I'm wondering if there is
any simpler way to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!