Peter

Hi, thanks for your reply, I am not sure how to attach files on this site,
but perhaps if I explain what I mean a bit more clearly:

date1 temp1 date2 temp2
22/06 5 22/06 8
23/06 6 24/06 9
24/06 8 25/06 9
25/06 8 27/06 10

Here are the types of columns I have. There is more data available for data
set 1 than for data set 2. I would like to match up and compare the temp data
only for data from the same date and dismissing data that is only available
for either 1 or 2. In other words I do not want to manually go through the
data deleting all the isolated data (e.g. from the 23/06 above).
Hope that is a bit clearer and I look forward to your reply.
Peter

"neopolitan" wrote:

Peter, how do you want to match these two sets of data - not sure I
understand? Can you attach a small example of the the data the way it
looks now and the way you want it to look?

--
neopolitan

neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475013