Barb Reinhardt

I've used indirect.ext to get data out of closed books.
http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

"WitchMaster"
wrote in message

I have a problem with making charts linking to external workbooks.
Let's say I wan't to make a couple of charts in workbook
"ChartBook.xls", that uses data from linked workbook "DataBook.xls".

I have for example made a named range called "AHeader" defined like
"='D:\Data\[DataBook.xls]Sheet2'!$A$1".

If I use the named range in a field in ChartBook.xls like "=AHeader"
it's fine and shows the correct text even if "DataBook.xls" is closed.

But if I make a chart in "ChartBook.xls" and insert "=Sheet1!AHeader"
in a name-field for sourcedata, I get an error about that the reference
cannot be found, but this only happens if "DataBook.xls" is closed, when
"DataBook.xls" is open everything works fine.

Can somebody please help? Thanks!

--
WitchMaster
WitchMaster's Profile: