Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:03:34 -0400, Ron Rosenfeld
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:59:09 -0700, "Dan (WA)" <Dan
wrote:

I need the remainder results of a multiplication formula. The Function INT
should provide this results -- Excel Function Help for INT provide the
formula =A2-INT . I have tried this sever times but the results is alway the
same #Name... Is excel broken or what am i missing?

Actually, the formula in HELP is

=A2-INT(A2)

If you type in what you posted above

=A2-INT

you will get a #NAME? error.

An alternative formula, giving the same result, would be:

=MOD(A2,1)

--ron

However, as Harlan just pointed out (and which he has pointed out in the past,
but which I have forgotten), MOD does not work with large numbers, so INT would
be safer.

--ron