linzhang426

Default About User Defined Functions

Gentle Men/Ladies:

Thanks a lot for answering my question concerning my previous question
of user defined function. Now I have another question with which I
would like to have your kind help. I am trying to create an user
defined function with a lot of variables. However, I don't want to do
it like "UDF(V1,V2,V3,...)", since this will make the formula bar quite
ugly. This is at all not elegant. Also, the number of variables is not
fixed, it really depends on actual data I want to apply the operation.
So, I want to write it like some internal functions and leave the
number of variables open. For an example, the internal function Sum,
the way we use it is simply to enter "=sum(A1:A1000)", which is very
elegant and flexible in how many data points you want to sum.

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks

--
linzhang426
linzhang426's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27932