David Billigmeier

The leading zero's are actually stored in your file if you have your fields
formatted as zip codes and saved it in .csv format. Try opening the file in
a text editor (notepad or wordpad). The reason they get truncated off when
you first re-open it as a .csv file is Excel is treating them as numbers
instead of zip code's. Select the range and change back to zip code format
and the zero's should re-appear.

Dave

"giddne" wrote:

I am using a spreadsheet for direct mail and am having problems with the
zipcode field. The vendor requires that the file be in a .csv file format.
The zip code field leaves out the leading zeroes. ie: 07011 appears as 7011
yet 29146 appears as 29146. Simple enough, I reformat the column as zip code
and it appears as 07011. I save it as .csv - done.

I reopen it and it's back to 4 digits. So, I save it as a .xls file and
open it - 5 digits. I save it as a .csv file - you know where I'm going -
back to 7011. HELP!!!

Thanks for the help,
David