aftamath

Open each individual workbook. Designate the workbook that you want all of
the worksheets combined in. In the other opened workbooks, right click on
the sheet tab at the bottom. Click Move or Copy, then select the master
workbook under 'To Book' you want to move to.

"GrayesGhost" wrote:

Earl,

Maybe I don't know enough about Excell yet to word the question in a form
that is understandable. What I am trying to do is to copy some statistics
from several Workbooks that only contain a single work sheet. I want to
combine the worksheets from multiple Excell workbooks into seperate
worksheets in a single Workbook, and then get rid of all the original files.

I know I can open each workbook seperately, copy the data from that workbook
and paste it into seperate sheets in the file that I am compiling (that is
what I have been doing) but I know there has to be an easier way - such as
simply inserting the unopened file into a blank work sheet as I was able to
do in Quattro Pro.

(Menu: Insert/File/<filename) = Inserted the desired file into one or more
worksheets depending on whether or not the inserted file was a text file or
an existing Quattro Pro workbook.

I am now using MS Office 2000 Pro.

I don't want to go to the trouble of writing formulas, or linking the
current workbook to files that I am going to destroy once I have transfered
the data - But I don't know of any other way to word the question - I think I
pretty much have the answer anyway though - apparently Excell doesn't have
the feature that I am looking for.

Thanks again - GG

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

You haven't told us enough. If the other workbook contains a table, use
Data - Get external data. The process varies a bit with your release of
Excel. You never have to open the workbook, and can refresh the import to
reread the data at any time.

You can also create a link without ever having opened the workbook (though
it's easier if you do).
=[workbookname.xls]'Sheet 1'!A1

Now copy this down and across, and you have the data. Once done, you never
have to reopen the other workbook. A macro could parse the data, if
necessary, put it where you want it, and do any other tasks.

Without knowing more, that's the best I can suggest.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"GrayesGhost" wrote in message
If an unopened Excel Workbook only contains a single worksheet, is it
possible to import the data from that worksheet into another Workbook that
is
open, without having to open the other file?