Alvin

yup..
as far as i know, VLOOKUP is enough for this job.
may i know what really confuses you?

"Jeanne" wrote:

I am using excel 2002. I have two groups of data in one spreadsheet that I
am trying to comare. Here is my example:
Column A = value of a statement cycle, Column B account number, There are
4000 statement cycles and 4000 account numbers.
Column C with 33,000 account numbers, column D = value of 33,000 statement
cycles. In a seperate column I need to compare the two account number
columns, if the number is in both B & C then I need to know what the value is
in D and return that answer. Since there are more account numbers in C than B
I can not seem to make VLOOKUP work, but that function really confuses me.