Richard Buttrey

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:41:03 -0700, "Richmond"
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple records per person and I need to move the
data from the secondary listings to the first record so that I have only one
record per person, as this data is going to be used for a mail merge.

Any suggestions for how to do this quickly?

Assuming you want the second record to completely replace the first
record, then the approach I'd adopt is:

1. Sort the records by person
2. Use a helper column with the following formula

=IF(COUNTIF($A$15:$A$20,A15)1,IF(A15=A16,"XX","Li st"),"List")

Assumes the person name is in column A, and a 6 row data set (rows
15:20) - change as appropriate.

3. Now filter the list on "XX" and delete the duplicate (first)
records.

HTH
__
Richard Buttrey