Peo Sjoblom

Yes it does work unless you have some local regional settings that does not
recognize a colon
However Excel will put in the necessary character for you, first put

=SUM(

and then select the first sheet tab, hold down shift and select the last
sheet tab, now select the cell(s) and press enter
Done!

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"JRM" wrote in message
The colon between two sheets does not work, but a plus sign does? I have
renamed by sheets by dates. In order to total a 6-day span, I must use
each
day+each day + each day, etc. What is the formula to do weekly, i.e.,
6-04-05 thru 6/10/05?

JRM

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet2!A2)

will sum cell A2 on sheets 1 through 2.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JRM" wrote in message
I want the sum of a cell from a range of worksheets. What is the
formula?