Gary''s Student

VLOOKUP can give you just what you wantSuppose we have a table of pet IDs,
pet names and pet types starting in A1:

100 oscar dog
500 daisey cat
55 rover dog
34 mini goldfish

and another table of pet IDs and pet ages starting in A7:

500 6
100 4
34 1
55 12

To combine the tables in D1 put =VLOOKUP(A1,$A$7:$B$10,2,0) and copy down.
--
Gary's Student

"Dave O'Connor" wrote:

I have two data sets in excel, each with the same unique id. I am trying to
enrich the data from one data set with the other. Therefore if for example I
have name and address details & the unique ID on one sheet AND I have say
annual spend and unique ID on another sheet. I want to combine the data sets
using the unique ID as the identifier and create one whole data set. ie. have
one data set with unique ID, name & Address and spend on one sheet

Can this be done?