Gord Dibben

Helen

Excel needs to see a separator when you are entering dates.

Couple of ways around this.

1. Enter the dates like 123105 or 42805 then go to DataText to
ColumnsNextNextColumn Data FormatDateMDYFinish.

Your dates will now be dates.

2. Use VBA code to change the entered data to dates as you enter them without
a separator.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:08:03 -0700, "Helen"
wrote:

I have been trying to type the dates with this format mm/dd/yyyy, but I would
like not to do it everytime I want to insert a different date. I just want
to type the numbers, and that excel put the date format automaticaly without
me typing the // or formating it each time a put a different date.