Biff

Hi!

Depending on how many items you want to have in the drop down:

If the list will be realatively long.........

In an out of the way location on your sheet enter the items in a range, say,
AA1:AA50

Give this range a defined name:

Goto InsertNameDefine
Name: StoclkList (or whatever)
Refers to: =Sheet1!$AA$1:$AA$50
OK

Select the cell where you want the drop down

Goto DataValidation
Allow: List
Source: =StockList
Ok

If you only have a few items for the list then you can leave out the named
range stuff and in the Source for the list just type in the items separated
by a comma:

Stock1,Stock2,Stock3,Stock4

Biff

"Alex McKenzie" wrote in message
Hi all

Was wondering if somebody could give me some
clues on how to insert a drop down
list into a cell (if this can be done)

This list will contain the names of a numer of' stocks
of which I need to select and display one

Many thanks

Alex