Nyanko

Default Vlookups or Match to find multiple information

Hi !

I always find it hard to explain problems and what I want my formulas
to do so you'll have to bear with me :)

I have a list of hotels with information contained in a flat
spreadsheet full of info like no of rooms, rating, location, rates
etc... I have a front sheet to summerise the information using
dependent data validation to automate it ... and it works very well :)
This is so I have a quick reference screen for all of my hotels to hand
should anyone else need to know the right information !

However, I'm trying to get too clever and my theroy is let down by my
lack of knowledge. Throughout a season an individual hotel may give me
special rates across different time periods for a limited duration.
These don't always run continuously through the year and yet use the
same identifying late offer code.

ie.

Belleville Hotel Y60NEV 16/05/05 - 23/05/05
Belleville Hotel Y60NEV 30/05/05 - 27/06/05
Europa Hotel Y60NDU 11/07/05 - 31/10/05
etc...

I have a seperate tab on the same file as the other hotel infomation
and would like to add this information to the summary spreadsheet. The
problems I'm encountering are :

1) I need to be able to return only the relavent rows for the
appropiate hotel.
2) The same code (Y60NEV) is used on each occasion so a VLOOKUP
wouldn't be able to tell the difference

I've attached a copy of the file I'm working on with comments to
illustrate my wants !! Is this even remotely possible or am I getting
too complicated !!

Thanks for reading
Nyanko

|Filename: Nyanko - Hotel Details Spreadsheet.zip |
|Download: http://forums.yourdomain.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=617|

Nyanko