Dave Peterson

I don't think that's part of the Analysis toolpak.

To the original poster:

You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

(=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.)

Domenic wrote:

Try...

=DATEDIF(B1,A1,"Y")

...which requires that the 'Analysis ToolPak' be enabled...

Tools Add-Ins and check 'Analysis ToolPak'

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Alan" wrote:

In cell A1 I have the admission date to a longterm care home- eg.
05/30/2001.
In cell B1 I have the birth date - eg. 02/23/1924.

Can some guru give me a calculation to put in cell C1 that will give me
the age (in years) of the individual when they entered as a resident??

Many thanks in advance,
Alan

--

Dave Peterson