Sharon T

Default Forecasting Sales using the Forecast Function

I am using data in units and dollars by month from this year in an effort to
do a quick and dirty sales forecast for next year. I used the units as the
independent variable and the dollars as the dependent variable. The units
for one product that I was trying to do this with were all less than 75 per
month and the dollars were no more than $10,000 per month. In fact, $10,000
is probably the average. The forecasted number came up to 4590.01. I am
doing something wrong because the number makes no sense. Can anyone help?