Roger Govier

Hi

No, I was basing it on you literally using A,B and C.
In which case as each of the cell values was being offset by 3,
dependent upon the lookup value, I was trying to avoid IF statements by
using the fact that CODE(A) is 65, B is 66 etc, hence taking away 65
would leave you with 0 1 or 2 to multiply by 3, giving D (9+3*0)=9,
(9+3*1)=12, and (9+3*2) =15.

It will not work in the scenario you describe, and I can see that Stefi
has posted you a correct solution with IF statements.

Regards

Roger Govier

bigdaddy3 wrote:

sorry roger when i used a,b,c it was just an example the actual item will be
say weekly,monthly etc. and if that code would do the job where would it be
put