Ken Wright

See my response as that is exactly what it does

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"infraterra" wrote in message
BRR,

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I did a very good job of explaining
the situation. Let me use this example to clarify:

If I had a specific total, say 10 and I had the following list of numbers
{1,2,6,7} I want the program to indicate that if I use 1,2, and 7, I will
get
a sum of 10. Again, any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

--Carlos

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote:

Hi,

If the dollar amounts are in say A2:A100, enter the following formula in
B2,

=if($A$2:$A$100=ledger sum,"x",""), where replace the words "ledger sum"
with the actual amount (e.g., 12345.67), and click 'Enter'. Now fill-in
the
formula down to the last row.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"infraterra" wrote:

I have list of dollar amounts given to me and a general ledger sum
which some
of those in the list must equal. How can I determine which of these
amounts
will equal a given ledger total? Thanks, in advance, for any help.