RagDyer

Appreciate the feed-back.

BTW,
If those starting and ending dates will change with any kind of frequency,
you could revise the formula to read those dates from 2 cells, so that you
wouldn't have to go into the formulas themselves to change the parameters.

Say the starting date in A1,
And the ending date in A2,
And revise the formula to:

=AND(C3=A1,C3<=A2)

RD

"DocMartigan" wrote in message
Thank you so much!!! I would have been here all day figuring that out :P
... stoopid excel book didn't help me at all.

Seriously though, you just did a huge service to our company. Many thanks.

"RagDyer" wrote:

Select D3, then,
<Format <Conditional Format
Click "Formula Is",
And enter this:

=AND(C3=DATEVALUE("10/20/2005"),C3<=DATEVALUE("10/31/2005"))

Click on "Format",
And choose whatever you like,
then <OK <OK

--
HTH,

RD

"DocMartigan" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet that will notify us when certain

projects
are
approaching their deadlines, and when they have passed them.

Long story short, I need a cell to format itself depending on another

cell
that has the current date in it.

I cannot seem to get anything to work.

As an example, I need cell D3 to turn red when the current date is

between
10/20/2005 and 10/31/2005 in cell C3.

Do I use a range? the "AND" function? I thought that something like

this
would work,

IF(AND(C3==10/20/2005, C3<=10/31/2005),"TRUE","FALSE")

I tried this and much simpler formulas, but nothing seems to work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I did get