Harlan Grove

gpie wrote...
I am having trouble getting the PULL formula to update - I have to go
into the cell and click on it, and then Excel "thinks" for about 30
seconds.

Is this usual? Is there a way to fix it?

It's nonvolatile on purpose, meaning it doesn't recalc except on a full
recalc, [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F9]. If you want the formulas that call pull to
act as if they're volatile, if they're supposed to return numbers add
0*NOW() to them. The volatile NOW call forces the entire formula to
recalc on each minimal recalc (what you get by pressing [F9]). If the
formula is supposed to return a string, append &LEFT(NOW(),0) to it.

BE WARNED, however, that recalculation will become VERY SLOW if every
pull call becomes volatile. It takes significant time to read data from
closed files, much more than it takes when the other files are open.
This is the main reason I made pull nonvolatile. If you can live with
full recalcs using [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F9], that's the better way to go.