tafoyavision

Default averaging averages?

I have 3 worksheets, where on one I enter data (numbers), on the second I
would average those numbers with the exact formula =AVERAGE('1'!F:F). Now on
this worksheet there is a whole column of these for instance the formula
right below the one above is =AVERAGE('1'!K:K), =AVERAGE('1'!P:P), etc. On
the third worksheet I would like to average this whole row but I keep getting
the dreaded #div/0! error. I first tried =AVERAGE(magic3!I4:I34) then I tried
=IF(COUNT(magic1!I4:I34)=0,"",AVERAGE(magic1!I4:I3 4))
after lurking around here for some answers but same error happens. How can I
average cells that have formulas in them and that aren't always going to have
data?