Debra Dalgleish

You could use a pivot table to summarize the data. There are
instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has instructions and links:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

When you create the pivot table, put Item in the Row area, and Quantity
in the Data area, where it will become Sum of Quantity.

Mad Dog wrote:
Suppose I have a database which has a primary field titled "Item". Different
items can appear multiple times in my database, with different associated
fields such as price, qty, etc. I know how to use the SUMIF command to get
the data totaled that I need for a particular item, but is there a way I can
get Excel to give me, say, the total qty for every item in my database, in a
separate listing?

Thanking you in advance,

Mad Dog

--