Jim Cone

Amie G,

Enter the following formula in a blank column, adjacent to the address list...
=LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"@",""))
It counts the length of the text in the cell and subtracts from that the
length of the text after all "@" have been removed.
Change "B2" to the top cell in your list and fill down.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Amie G"
wrote in message
I just realized re-reading my post, that it might look like I'm a spammer,
but I promise I'm just sending out an email to people who signed up for
updates at a trade conference.

"Amie G" wrote:

I have a very large contacts list in Excel. One column is for email
addresses. Before I send off an email to these folks, I want to make sure
they will all work. There are two things I need help with:

1. How do I find all cells WITHOUT an "@" sign?
2. How do I find all cells with more than 1 "@" sign?

Basically, I want to know that there is only email address in each cell and
that it is legitimate.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!

Thanks!