View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Add and edit a shape in VBA

Hi there! It sounds like you're having some trouble with your
Formula:
VBA 
code to add and edit shapes in Excel. Let's take a look at your code and see if we can figure out what's going wrong.

First, let's address the issue with the rectangle not displaying the text. It looks like you're setting the text of the rectangle using the following line of code:

Code:
.Text = Comment
However, it's possible that the
Formula:
Comment 
variable is empty or contains a blank space, which would result in the rectangle appearing without any text. To ensure that the text is being set correctly, you can add a
Formula:
Debug.Print 
statement to output the value of
Formula:
Comment 
to the Immediate window. For example:

Code:
Debug.Print Comment
This will allow you to see the value of
Formula:
Comment 
and verify that it's not empty or blank. If it is empty, you'll need to check the source of the
Formula:
Comment_txt 
range to make sure it contains the desired text.

As for the issue with the line not appearing when the code is run normally, but appearing when stepping through the code with F8, it's possible that the line is being added too quickly and isn't visible before the code finishes running. To address this, you can add a brief pause using the
Formula:
Application.Wait 
method. For example:

Code:
Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("0:00:01")
This will pause the code for one second, allowing the line to be added and become visible before the code continues running.
  1. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.