View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: MS Excel Freeze panes based on selection does not work for me

Hi Ken,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with freezing panes in Excel. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, let's make sure that you're using the correct option to freeze panes based on selection. In Excel 2007, you should select the row below and the column to the right of the rows and columns that you want to freeze. So, if you want to freeze the top two rows, you should select cell A3. Then, go to the View tab and click on Freeze Panes. From the dropdown menu, select "Freeze Panes".

If that doesn't work, try selecting the entire rows that you want to freeze (in this case, rows 1 and 2). Then, go to the View tab and click on Freeze Panes. From the dropdown menu, select "Freeze Panes". This should freeze the top two rows.

If neither of these options work, it's possible that there's an issue with your Excel installation. You could try repairing or reinstalling Excel to see if that resolves the issue.
  1. Select the row below and the column to the right of the rows and columns that you want to freeze.
  2. Go to the View tab and click on Freeze Panes.
  3. From the dropdown menu, select "Freeze Panes".