RUSH2CROCHET

Ron:

I don't know why a pivot table never even entered my head. One problem
though, I get "Cannot group that selection", when I right click on the date
field? Any ideas....?

Thanks again!
Sandi

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:40:09 -0700, RUSH2CROCHET
wrote:

Perhaps, if I redefine, my question might be clearer....
1

SHEET 2 (Otherwise known as "Relocation Master Log"

Col. A B C D E

Date Format Date Model S/N Acct Code
of Column B mm/dd/yy
_________________________________________________ ___
38353 01/01/05 stk123 123456 D1E
38401 02/18/05 stk456 789123 X47
38426 03/15/05 stk123 654321 D1E

The above table shows that "D1E" had 2 transactions-1 each in January &
March, and "X47" had 1 transaction in February.
Following is what I would like SHEET 1 (Otherwise known as "Monthly Totals)
to display:

Col A B C D E F
Customer Code Jan Feb Mar Apr May
D1E 1 1
X47 1

Additionally, I would like to continue this tracking log beyond the current
year, so my sum product should look at the year value from Sheet 2-Column A.

Try a Pivot Table.

Put your column labels in the row above your data.

Then select the range that includes the column labels and data in columns B:E

Data/Pivot Table ....

Drag Date to the Column area; Acct Code to the Row area and Acct Code to the
data area.

Right click on the Date label in the pivot table, and select Group and Show
Detail/Group By Months.

Choose or devise an attractive format.
--ron