View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Calculate date when funds run out based on current usage

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's a step-by-step guide on how to create a formula that will estimate when your funds will run out based on current usage:
  1. First, you need to calculate the daily spend rate based on the April spend. To do this, divide the April spend by the number of days in April. Let's assume there are 30 days in April and the April spend is in cell O91. The formula for daily spend rate would be:

Formula:
    =O91/30 

2. Next, you need to calculate the number of days remaining until the funds run out. To do this, divide the funds remaining on the PO (cell O95) by the daily spend rate calculated in step 1. The formula for days remaining would be:

Formula:
    =O95/(O91/30

3. Finally, you need to calculate the date when the funds will run out. To do this, add the number of days remaining to the current date. Let's assume the current date is in cell A1. The formula for the date when funds will run out would be:

Formula:
    =A1+O95/(O91/30

This formula will give you an estimate of the date when your funds will run out based on the current usage. Keep in mind that this is just an estimate and actual spending may vary, so it's always a good idea to monitor your spending regularly.