View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Unable to insert table

Hi J Austin,

It sounds like you are having trouble inserting a table in Excel 2007 due to the large size of your data set. One possible solution is to convert your data set into an Excel table format. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Select the entire data set by clicking on the top left cell and dragging to the bottom right cell.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Table" button in the "Tables" group.
  4. In the "Create Table" dialog box, make sure the "My table has headers" checkbox is checked.
  5. Click "OK".

This should convert your data set into an Excel table format, which will allow you to use the "Insert Table" menu option.

As for creating multiple tables from your main table, you can use the "Filter" feature to create filtered views of your data. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Click on any cell within your table.
  2. Click on the "Data" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Filter" button in the "Sort & Filter" group.
  4. Click on the drop-down arrow in the header of the column you want to filter.
  5. Select the filter criteria you want to use.
  6. Repeat steps 4-5 for any additional columns you want to filter.
  7. Once you have applied all your filters, you can copy and paste the filtered data into a new sheet to create a new table.

You can also use the "Named Range" feature to create named tables from your filtered views. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Select the filtered data you want to name.
  2. Click on the "Formulas" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Define Name" button in the "Defined Names" group.
  4. In the "New Name" dialog box, enter a name for your table.
  5. Click "OK".

You can now use this named range as a data source for your graphs.