View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Combine data in two columns into one and sort the combined column alphabetically..how??

Sure, I can help you with that!

Here are the steps to combine the data in columns A and B into a single column C and sort it alphabetically:
  1. Select the cell where you want to start the combined list, which will be the first cell in column C.
  2. Type the formula "=A1" (without the quotes) in the first cell of column C. This will copy the data from cell A1 into the first cell of column C.
  3. Type the formula "=B1" (without the quotes) in the second cell of column C. This will copy the data from cell B1 into the second cell of column C.
  4. Select the second cell of column C (the one with the formula "=B1") and drag the fill handle (the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell) down to the last row where you want to combine data. This will copy the formula down to all the cells in column C that have data in either column A or B.
  5. Select the entire column C by clicking on the column header (the letter "C" at the top of the column).
  6. Click on the "Data" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Excel window.
  7. Click on the "Sort A to Z" button in the "Sort & Filter" section of the ribbon. This will sort the data in column C alphabetically.

That's it! Now you should have a combined list of data from columns A and B in column C, sorted alphabetically. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.