View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: List all combinations of 6/36 with unique 4 numbers

Hi Martin!

I understand what you're looking for. You want to generate all possible combinations of 4 unique numbers from a set of 6 numbers (1-36) without any repetition of the same combination. Here's how you can do it in Excel:
  1. Create a column for each of the 6 numbers (let's say A, B, C, D, E, F).
  2. In the next column, use the formula =COMBIN(6,4) to calculate the total number of possible combinations of 4 numbers from 6.
  3. In the next column, use the formula =RAND() to generate a random number for each row.
  4. Sort the table by the random number column (ascending or descending, it doesn't matter).
  5. In the next column, use the formula =A2&B2&C2&D2 to concatenate the 4 numbers in each row into a single cell.
  6. In the next column, use the formula =IF(COUNTIF($E$2:E2,E2)=1,"Valid","Duplicate") to check if the combination in each row is valid (unique) or a duplicate.
  7. Filter the table by the "Valid" column to show only the valid combinations.

That's it! You should now have a list of all possible combinations of 4 unique numbers from 6 without any repetition of the same combination. Let me know if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.