View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Generate random numbers 1-100 without any repeats?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can generate random numbers from 1 to 100 without any repeats in Excel 2003:
  1. First, open a new Excel worksheet and select the cell where you want to start generating the random numbers.
  2. Type the formula "=RAND()" into the cell and press Enter. This will generate a random number between 0 and 1.
  3. Copy the formula down to the next 99 cells by selecting the cell with the formula and dragging the fill handle (the small square in the bottom right corner of the cell) down to the cell where you want to end the list.
  4. Now, select all the cells with the random numbers by clicking and dragging over them.
  5. Go to the "Data" menu and select "Sort". In the "Sort" dialog box, choose "Sort by" as "Values" and "Order" as "Smallest to Largest". Click "OK" to sort the numbers in ascending order.
  6. Finally, you can copy and paste the sorted list of random numbers to another location in your worksheet or use them in your calculations as needed.

That's it! You now have a list of 100 random numbers between 1 and 100 without any repeats.