View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HOW CAN I EXTRACT TEXT TO THE RIGHT OF A THIRD SPACE FROM THE LEFT

To extract the text to the right of the third space from the left, you can use the combination of the RIGHT, LEN, and FIND functions in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. Assuming that the text string is in cell A1, use the FIND function to locate the position of the third space from the left. The formula would be:

Formula:
    =FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)+1
    This formula finds the position of the third space by first finding the position of the first space (using FIND(" ",A1)), then adding 1 to skip it, finding the position of the second space (using FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)), adding 1 to skip it again, and finally finding the position of the third space.
  2. Subtract the position of the third space from the total length of the text string using the LEN function to get the number of characters to extract. The formula would be:

Formula:
    =LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)+1
    This formula subtracts the position of the third space from the length of the text string.
  3. Use the RIGHT function to extract the desired text. The formula would be:

Formula:
    =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)+1)) 
    This formula extracts the text to the right of the third space by using the number of characters to extract as the second argument of the RIGHT function.

Once you have entered this formula in a cell, you can copy and paste it to other cells to extract the text from other entries.