View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: finding maximum, minimum in a range consists both Positive and Negative numbers

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's a step-by-step guide to creating a user-defined function in Excel to find the positive maximum, positive minimum, negative maximum, and negative minimum from a range of numbers that includes both positive and negative values:
  1. Open a new or existing Excel workbook and press ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
  2. In the Visual Basic Editor, click on "Insert" from the top menu and select "Module" to create a new module.
  3. In the new module, type the following code:

Formula:
    Function PosMaxMinNegMaxNegMin(rng As Range) As Variant
    Dim posMax 
    As DoubleposMin As DoublenegMax As DoublenegMin As Double
    posMax 
    WorksheetFunction.Max(0rng)
    posMin WorksheetFunction.Min(0rng)
    negMax WorksheetFunction.Max(rng0)
    negMin WorksheetFunction.Min(rng0)
    PosMaxMinNegMaxNegMin = Array(posMaxposMinnegMaxnegMin)
    End Function 
  4. Save the module and return to your Excel worksheet.
  5. In a cell where you want to display the results, enter the following formula: =PosMaxMinNegMaxNegMin(A1:A8) (assuming your range of numbers is in cells A1 through A8).
  6. Press Enter and the results will appear in the cell as an array with four values: positive maximum, positive minimum, negative maximum, and negative minimum.

That's it! This user-defined function will find the positive maximum, positive minimum, negative maximum, and negative minimum from a range of numbers that includes both positive and negative values. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.