View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I display multiple series in a pie chart?

[list=1][*]Select the data range that you want to include in the pie chart, including the series labels.[*]Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.[*]Click on the "Pie" chart icon in the "Charts" group.[*]Select the type of pie chart that you want to use. For example, you can choose a 2-D pie chart or a 3-D pie chart.[*]The pie chart will be created with the first series from your data range. To add additional series, right-click on the chart and select "Select Data" from the menu.[*]In the "Select Data Source" dialog box, click on the "Add" button to add a new series.[*]In the "Edit Series" dialog box, enter the series name and select the data range for the series values and series name.[*]Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each additional series that you want to add to the pie chart.[*]Click "OK" to close the "Select Data Source" dialog box.[*]Your pie chart should now display all of the selected series.

Regarding your question about forcing the pie chart to use the most recent/lowest data series, unfortunately, there is no built-in way to do this in Excel. However, you can manually select the data series that you want to include in the chart by following the steps above.